- One of the richer sources of free information about trends is Google. Why? Because it is the global leader in search and, as such, provides a barometer on what's hot and what's not.
Google's 'Think with Google" recent series, "Year in Search 2021," is a seven-chapter opus offering lots of great insight into consumer trends. For example, the chapter on Sustainable Living cites fascinating year-over-year search statistics, such as:
- 100% increase in searches containing "electric vehicle charging"
- 100% increase in searches containing "volunteer opportunities near"
- 100% increase in searches containing "food donation centers near me"
- 80% increase in searches containing "second hand stores"
- 40% increase in searches containing "equality"
- 30% increase in searches containing "environmental sustainability."
This post is brought to you by 123 eGuides, publisher of authoritative, affordable guides to help small businesses get the most from your marketing. Now available: The updated, revised Third Edition of the popular eGuide, Branding 123, that details a 3-part system for how small marketers can build a breakthrough brand. Included in the Third Edition are profiles of 5 small brands that grew up using techniques similar to those outlined in Branding 123. Read more about this eGuide here.