According to research conducted with marketing leaders across twenty-five industries, the most important skill for the future of marketing is Content Marketing. Other key skills include:
- Strategy and Brand Management
- Data and Analytics
- Customer Marketing and Insight
- Marketing Automation
The same research also revealed the top five challenges facing marketing teams:
- Lack of talent bandwidth to execute on goals and objectives
- Lack of insight into the customer journey/experience
- Difficulty measuring and reporting on ROI
- Difficulty generating sales pipeline
- Difficulty forecasting pipeline.
Learn more about the survey at MarketingProfs.com (free subscription required).
This post is brought to you by 123 eGuides, publisher of authoritative, affordable guides to help small businesses get the most from your marketing. Now available: The updated, revised Third Edition of the popular eGuide, Branding 123, that details a 3-part system for how small marketers can build a breakthrough brand. Included in the Third Edition are profiles of 5 small brands that grew up using techniques similar to those outlined in Branding 123. Read more about this eGuide here.