Time and time again, marketers pick Millennials and younger generations over Boomers and older generations as the most attractive audience for advertising campaigns. When it comes to buying power, marketers are dead wrong. As Mark Bradbury writes for MediaPost, the age 50-plus audience outweighs younger generations in many key statistical areas, such as:
- Over 7 million more U.S. households are headed by those age 50 (HH 50+) and older than those below age 50.
- The share of total consumer spending among HH 50+ rose to over half (52 percent).
- HH 50+ spent $350 billion more than younger HH in 2017.
- HH 50+ generate $67 billion more income annually than younger HH.
- HH 50+ are 77 percent more likely to own homes than younger HH.
- Over the next five years, HH 50+ will grow at about twice the rate of younger HH.
This post is brought to you by 123eGuides.com. 123 eGuides are a series of authoritative guides about branding, marketing and small business published exclusively in electronic format to provide maximum value at minimum cost.