McKinsey analyzed what kind of personalized communications work best for shoppers and found these five things that customers said they valued:
- "Give me relevant recommendations I wouldn't have thought of myself."
- "Talk to me when I'm in shopping mode."
- "Remind of things I want to know but might not be keeping track of."
- "Know me no matter where I interact with you."
- "Share the value in a way that's meaningful to me."
McKinsey goes on to describe each of the five and present relevant scenarios as examples. This is invaluable information for anyone who sells via traditional retail or online channels. Read the article here.
This post is brought to you by 123eGuides.com. 123 eGuides are a series of authoritative guides about branding, marketing and small business published exclusively in electronic format to provide maximum value at minimum cost.