A newly released report based on a global survey sponsored by Worldpay, a worldwide payments processor, offers some important insights into the connected consumer for marketers.
Here are some of the highlights from the report:
- Almost half (46%) of consumers say they are comfortable with a home device ordering things on their behalf without behalf, while over a third (35%) says this makes them feel uncomfortable. Half (50%) say they prefer fixed limits on how much a connected device can spend on their behalf.
- Half of consumers (49%) say the convenience of smart devices has added to their quality of life.
- Almost three quarters (72%) agreed that they had concerns that smart device manufacturers might share their data. A full three quarters (75%) are worried about a connected device being hacked.
- 41% of consumers see value in chatbots or personal assistants that can automatically book travel tickets.
- Only 13% of consumers are comfortable with devices using their location to deliver personalized advertising.
You can get a copy of the complete report by clicking on the download link here (PDF):
This post is brought to you by 123eGuides.com. 123 eGuides are a series of authoritative guides about branding, marketing and small business published exclusively in electronic format to provide maximum value at minimum cost.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.