The new "Future of Retail" study from Walker Sands is out and it offers insight into the connected consumer. The communications firm, who has published the study for five years, surveyed more than 1,600 consumers for this year's edition. Here are some of the key findings:
- Smartphone penetration has reached 78 percent of U.S. consumers, and more than half own a tablet (55 percent).
- More consumers now pay for at least one digital TV service (68 percent) than a traditional cable subscription (52 percent).
- Nearly half of consumers (46 percent) now prefer to shop online.
- The majority of consumers (65 percent) have mobile shopping apps on their phones.
- Free shipping (80 percent) and fast shipping (54 percent) are still the top incentives for consumers to purchase more online.
- In-store shopping seems to be making a comeback among younger shoppers.
You can get a copy of the full report here: http://www.walkersands.com/Futureofretail
This post is brought to you by 123eGuides.com. 123 eGuides are a series of authoritative guides about branding, marketing and small business published exclusively in electronic format to provide maximum value at minimum cost.