Online buying via a smartphone -- commonly known as "Mcommerce" -- is rapidly growing as consumers become more comfortable using their phones for more than calling, texting, and surfing the Web. Here are some key facts about Mcommerce from eMarketer:
- Retail Mcommerce sales should grow rapidly over the next several years, from an estimated $131 billion in 2016 to $294 billion in 2020
- Nearly half of all retail ecommerce sales in the U.S. will be mobile by 2020
- By next year, over three-quarters of mobile shoppers will buy something with their mobile device
- Despite the growth of Mcommerce, over half of digital consumers say it is easier to shop using a larger screen
- Tablets and large-screen smartphones are popular with digital consumers; in a six-month period in 2015, ownership of large-screen smartphones increased from 27 percent to 37 percent.
Learn more about Mcommerce from eMarketer.