It is more and more difficult for brands to create loyalty these days. With so many choices -- both brands and media channels -- consumers are barely paying attention to marketing messages. That's why Geoff Smith, writing for Media Post's Marketing Daily, thinks creating brand loyalty through early customer engagement will be crucial in 2016.
Smith predicts that brands will attempt to create brand loyalty in 2016 via several specific initiatives, which include:
- Targeting "Centennials" (ages 17 and under) to develop lasting relationships early.
- Allowing consumers to engage in social media on a brand's behalf, even to the extent of permitting influencers to temporarily "take over" a brand's social media.
- Moving from rewarding consumers for purchase to rewarding consumers for engagement as well.
- Utilizing wearable technology to promote brand loyalty.
- Collaborating with other non-competitive brands to offer multi-brand loyalty programs.
If you're looking for more ideas for making your brand stand out, consider ordering the Second Edition of the eGuide, Branding 123. This guide follows a proven three-step process for building a breakthrough brand, provides lots of practical advice, and includes a wealth of additional resources... all for just $2.99. Get the Second Edition of Branding 123 now at the Amazon Kindle Store or in any e-book format (including PDF) at Smashwords.