Sometimes, marketers are so caught up in sophisticated program strategies and advanced technologies they may forget the fact that they are marketing to humans, all of whom share commonalities when it comes to basic brain responses.
Email marketing provider Emma has put together a handy infographic called "12 Secrets of the Human Brain to Use in Your Marketing." In it are a wealth of useful facts, including these important reminders:
- Humans have gut reactions in 3 seconds or less.
- Emotions trump rational thought when it comes to a lasting message.
- Our brains our visually oriented; we remember pictures with text more than text by itself.
- Images and emotions are closely related because they are processed in areas of the brain that are close to one another.
- A very large percentage of our feeling about a product -- as much as 90 percent -- is attributed to color alone.
Check out the infographic and apply some of these brain basic to improve your marketing.